Provincial Abuse Line Information Sheet
If you suspect an Albertan is, or is at risk of, being abused or neglected, help is just a phone call away.
July 22, 2019
If you suspect an Albertan is being abused or neglected and don’t know where to turn for help, call the centralized abuse line. You will be connected to resources, supports, services and referrals to address your concern.
Call the provincial abuse line at 1-855-4HELPAB (4435722). Call 911 if someone is in immediate danger.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- The provincial abuse line is operated by the Alberta Supports Contact Centre. Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 8 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- Be prepared to provide as much detailed information as you can about the alleged abuse or neglect.
- If you are calling with concerns about another person, you don’t have to provide your name and contact information. It would be helpful in case there are additional questions.
- After listening to your concern, the Alberta Supports Contact Centre will direct your call to the appropriate service or support.
- If the person you are concerned about already accesses Community and Social Services supports, the ministry will follow up with the individual to offer additional help.
DOWNLOAD THE PDF POSTER HERE.